I have postponed a September holiday to the USA and Canada with Audley Travel to next year. They...
- Home to the UAE's only overwater villas with views over the Arabian Gulf.
- The hotel has an exclusive situation on the 400 m (1,312 ft) of private beach at the Palm Jumeirah.
- Many of the rooms have direct access to the hotel's three swimming lagoons.
- International dining at the Crescendo restaurant, with views over the Gulf.
- Indulge in romantic couples' spa treatments, including steam baths, saunas and hammam.
- All accommodation
Anantara The Palm
The low-rise hotel has distinctly Thai styling, inside and out, including in the rooms, villas and apartments. All accommodation options boast dark-wood floors and furniture, textured walls and headboards, bright-white linens and a private balcony. En suites are airy and sleekly modern. Wi-Fi and the usual amenities are all standard.
The spacious rooms come in several varieties, including some with terraces that allow you to step directly into the central lagoon. Villas are even more generously sized, and include overwater options that have glass viewing panels in the floor. Others have private pools and direct access to the private beach. Apartments, which include full kitchens and private terraces, offer city views and either one or two bedrooms
Perched on one of the outer curves of the Palm Jumeirah islands (Dubai’s man-made archipelago), this resort is away from the noise and bustle of the main malls and attractions, making it a good choice for families who want a quiet retreat. If you decide to leave the hotel, it’s a short five-minute drive to Dolphin Bay and Aquaventure, also located on the Palm Jumeirah. You can get to the city’s shopping malls in about 15 minutes, or to the ice rink in 30 minutes.
Food and drink
- The poolside Mai Bar offers tropical cocktails, chilled prosecco and nibbles on a shaded pagoda
- Revo Café serves coffees and smoothies throughout the day
- Mekong’s menu fuses Thai, Chinese and Vietnamese cuisine — the fanciful decor includes seats that look like rickshaws
- The Beach House menu features Mediterranean dining in a casual, beachside setting
- Gulf views, modern Asian decor, an extensive wine and cocktail menu and a lively atmosphere are found at the Lotus Lounge
- Breakfast is served alfresco at Crescendo’s poolside terrace — both à la carte and buffet options are available
- Bushman’s Restaurant and Bar serves Outback cuisine in an Australian-themed setting
- Inter-connecting rooms and multi-room villas available
- Children’s club
- Teens’ club
- Pools with lifeguards
Facilities and activities
- Spa with 24 treatment rooms and five couples' suites
- Hammam facilities for women, men and couples
- A large menu of treatment options
- Many pools, including a large central infinity pool and a Jacuzzi with views over the gulf
- Water sports including kayaking, wakeboarding, paddle boarding and waterskiing
- Fishing and charter cruises
- Premier Lagoon Access Rooms are wheelchair-friendly, with roll-in showers
- Elevators throughout the resort
We find this resort is an excellent option for a quiet retreat. It's particularly good for families, thanks to its wealth of activities, private beach and huge series of lagoon-like pools.
- Request a quote
I have travelled with Audley four times. Each trip has been great. The attention to detail from the...
I started speaking to Chloe Harrisson around 10 days ago about a trip to Chile over Christmas and...
Customer service at its best. We originally booked a trip to the Seychelles with Audley travel in...
We've been on two trips in the past with Audley and have been delighted with the itineraries,...
Have booked two holidays through Audley, the first to South Africa back in 2017, the holiday was...
Contact a specialist
The specialist who designs your trip to Dubai will have explored the country many times and, in some cases, lived there. Their first-hand knowledge gives us the belief that no other travel company can match our expertise in helping you plan your trip. Your dedicated specialist will take the time to understand your preferences and build them into an itinerary to match, working to your budget. He or she will keep perfecting it until you’re completely happy and ready to book.Request a quote
When to go