A bona-fide cruise vessel custom-built for leisure cruising (in contrast to the Aranui 5), the MS Paul Gauguin offers comfortable and modern surroundings, highly attentive service, and a range of on-board facilities (including water sports). Sailings include access to private motus and beach experiences in the two real stars of French Polynesia — the Society Islands of Bora Bora and Le Taha’a.
Speak to someone
who's been there
Start planning your tailor-made trip by contacting one of our French Polynesia specialists
- Make an inquiry
The MS Paul Gauguin is a floating hotel with a comfortable, very spacious and modern (rather than out-and-out decadent) design, excellent on-board facilities, plentiful, high-quality food, and a crew who’ll attend to your every whim. There’s a variety of shore visits on offer, but please note that these aren't included in your passage. However, we can recommend alternative options, such as renting bicycles to explore certain islands, if you so wish. The emphasis here is on relaxing and experiencing the Society Islands’ pristine beaches and motus, whether from shore or in the water — you can even take part in diving with the ship’s school.
All cabins have ocean views, and the majority have private balconies. Cabins are bright and modern in style and decorated in a palette of blues, and all have a private bathroom with a bathtub and shower. Suites include butler service and most rooms have a loveseat or some small sitting space.
- All meals and many drinks (including some alcoholic drinks) are included.
- Buffet breakfast served in a casual dining room.
- Lunch and dinner served in more formal dining rooms.
- Complimentary drinks, including bottled water, soft drinks and a selection of alcoholic drinks.
- 24-hour room service.
- Fridges in cabins are stocked daily with bottled water, soft drinks and beers.
- Tahiti and the Society Islands — 7-night circular cruise departing from and ending in Tahiti, taking in Huahine, Motu Mahana (Paul Gauguin’s private islet off the coast of Taha’a), Bora Bora and Moorea.
- Society Islands and Tuamotus — 10-night circular cruise departing from and ending in Tahiti, taking in Huahine, Bora Bora, the Tuamotu Islands, Motu Mahana and Moorea.
- Cook Islands and Society Islands — 11-night circular cruise departing from and ending in Tahiti, taking in Huahine, Aitutaki and Rarotonga in the Cook Islands, Bora Bora, Motu Mahana and Moorea.
- Marquesas, Tuamotus and Society Islands — 14-night circular cruise departing from and ending in Tahiti, taking in the Tuamotu and Marquesas Islands, Huahine, Bora Bora, Motu Mahana and Moorea.
- Society Islands, Cook Islands, Tonga and Fiji — 12- or 13-night cruise between Tahiti and Fiji and vice versa, taking in Moorea, Motu Mahana, Bora Bora, Aitutaki (Cook Islands), Vava’u (Tonga) and Vanua Levu, Viti Levu and Beqa Island (13-night sailing only) in Fiji.
Our specialists suggest:
11 nights aboard MS Paul Gauguin as part of our 13-day "Cook Islands & Society Islands cruise on the Paul Gauguin" itinerary, from $9,985pp.
- Educational lectures and talks
- Evening entertainment, including a pianist, singers, and Polynesian artists
- Water sports: snorkel equipment, kayak and paddle-board rental
- PADI dive school
- Outdoor swimming pool and sundeck with loungers
- 24-hour library
- Wi-Fi hotspots
- Laundry and dry-cleaning service