Less than three hours south of Dharamshala and McLeodganj, Pragpur is an ideal base for exploring the surrounding area but don’t miss out on a walk around Pragpur itself.
There is an ongoing program of conservation in the village and traditional houses are being renovated to preserve the unique character of the area. As you wander through the narrow car-free streets, a visit to one of the silversmiths or the village market makes for a fascinating experience.
The peaceful village of Garli nearby is definitely worth exploring with a stroll past the cobbler, biscuit maker and baker, or you could even drop into a local school and say hello to the children.
Suggested itinerary featuring Pragpur
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in Pragpur, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Pragpur
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Pragpur
- Dharamshala & McLeod Ganj 46 kilometers away
- Shimla 121 kilometers away
- Amritsar 129 kilometers away
- Mussoorie 233 kilometers away
- Ladakh 261 kilometers away
- Rishikesh 276 kilometers away
- Haridwar 279 kilometers away
- Alchi 283 kilometers away
- Leh 292 kilometers away
- Nubra Valley 353 kilometers away
- Corbett Tiger Reserve 359 kilometers away
- Delhi 368 kilometers away
- Almora 412 kilometers away
- Nainital 412 kilometers away
Photos of Pragpur
Accommodation choices for Pragpur
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Pragpur. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.