Visit Haridwar, India
A fascinating and somewhat off-the-beaten track town on the Ganges, Haridwar is easily accessible by rail from Delhi and, like Rishikesh, is one of India's seven Hindu holy cities.
Legend has it that it was sanctified by Vishnu's footprint on the riverbank, where the captivating evening aarti ceremony takes place at dusk. Priests seem to appear at every window and doorway along the ghat to sing, chant and swing fire as worshippers float lights down the river.
Suggested Haridwar itinerary
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in Haridwar, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Haridwar
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Haridwar
- Rishikesh 21 kilometers away
- Mussoorie 57 kilometers away
- Corbett Tiger Reserve 83 kilometers away
- Nainital 139 kilometers away
- Almora 149 kilometers away
- Shimla 160 kilometers away
- Delhi 175 kilometers away
- Pragpur 279 kilometers away
- Dharamsala & McLeod Ganj 308 kilometers away
- Agra 311 kilometers away
- Bharatpur and Keoladeo Ghana National Park 314 kilometers away
- Fatehpur Sikri 324 kilometers away
- Chambal Sanctuary 359 kilometers away
- Amritsar 367 kilometers away
- Samode 385 kilometers away
- Jaipur 413 kilometers away
- Gwalior 417 kilometers away
- Ramathra 434 kilometers away
- Ladakh 469 kilometers away
- Ranthambhore National Park 471 kilometers away
- Leh 472 kilometers away
Photos of Haridwar
Accommodation choices for Haridwar
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Haridwar. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
This small 90 year old haveli has only 19 rooms and is situated directly on the edge of the River Ganges with a small temple in its inner courtyard.