Visit Rishikesh, India
One of India’s seven Hindu holy cities, and bisected by the mighty Ganges, Rishikesh is home to many ashrams offering spiritual learning, yoga and meditation.
The river is the focal point of the fascinating evening aarti which starts with a holy fire ceremony. Priests offer a purifying mixture of herbs and ghee to the fire whilst prayers are chanted and small lamps are lit to thank the river for being the source of life and prosperity in the area.
Since ancient times Rishikesh has been a rest stop for holy men and pilgrims heading into the Himalaya seeking purity.
Suggested itinerary featuring Rishikesh
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in Rishikesh, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Rishikesh
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Rishikesh
- Haridwar 21 kilometers away
- Mussoorie 45 kilometers away
- Corbett Tiger Reserve 84 kilometers away
- Nainital 136 kilometers away
- Almora 142 kilometers away
- Shimla 155 kilometers away
- Delhi 195 kilometers away
- Pragpur 276 kilometers away
- Dharamshala & McLeod Ganj 302 kilometers away
- Agra 328 kilometers away
- Bharatpur and Keoladeo Ghana National Park 333 kilometers away
- Fatehpur Sikri 342 kilometers away
- Amritsar 369 kilometers away
- Chambal Sanctuary 374 kilometers away
- Samode 406 kilometers away
- Gwalior 433 kilometers away
- Jaipur 433 kilometers away
- Ramathra 454 kilometers away
- Ladakh 455 kilometers away
- Leh 457 kilometers away
- Alchi 470 kilometers away
Photos of Rishikesh
Accommodation choices for Rishikesh
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Rishikesh. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Ananda, located some 45 minutes drive from the holy town on Rishikesh, is set among 100 acres of forest and centered around the palace of the Maharaja of Tehri-Garhwal.