Pink-washed walls, bright airy rooms, and a secluded location make Hotel Cala Caterina a sunny oasis of calm on Sardinia’s southeast coast. The hotel is surrounded by expansive gardens with swaying pines trees and rolling green lawns that overlook the hotel’s secluded sandy cove.
The 49 rooms and suites are all decorated simply, with blue-and-white or warm earth tones that draw upon the region’s natural beauty. There’s a central pool and a small wellness area where you can indulge in massages and relax in the Turkish bath.
Speak to someone
who's been there
- Make an inquiry
Photos of Hotel Cala Caterina
We love this hotel for its welcoming charm and its secluded atmosphere, which creates an oasis-like tranquility. The nearby cove, just a short walk down a hill, is quiet and feels private thanks to the boulders that surround it.
The 49 well-appointed rooms all share classic Mediterranean decor, with either white-and-pastel or wood-and-terracotta palettes. Each one boasts either a private patio or a balcony where you can enjoy sea or garden views. The suites and some of the larger rooms can accommodate extra beds for children, and guests of the suite have exclusive use of a private gazebo.
The expansive grounds and secluded beach give this hotel an out-of-the-way atmosphere. Yet it’s located just a short drive from the airport in Cagliari, and is walking distance from the other sandy beaches of the Villasimius area and close to the town’s marina.
Food and drink
- The hotel restaurant serves a buffet-style breakfast and à la carte dinner featuring Mediterranean fare.
- The terrace bar serves light lunches and snacks throughout the day.
Facilities and activities
- Garden gazebo provides a relaxing space for an open-air massage.
- Outdoor aromatic sensory baths.
- Steam cave.
- Large pool with loungers.
- Selection of loungers available on the beach.
- Mountain bikes and scooters available.