Visit Solentiname Islands, Nicaragua
This idyllic archipelago in the southern part of Lake Nicaragua is made up of four large islands covered in luxuriant tropical vegetation and a scattering of small uninhabited islets which are a haven for birdlife.
The islands are well known for the small, tightly knit community of talented artisans whose skill and talent is passed down through the generations.
The beauty of the islands is captivating and it is also a wonderful place to relax in peace and quiet if you really want to get away from it all and don't mind simple accommodation.
Map of Solentiname Islands
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Solentiname Islands
- Rio San Juan 64 kilometers away
- El Castillo 72 kilometers away
- Ometepe Island 72 kilometers away
- San Juan del Sur 93 kilometers away
- Granada 131 kilometers away
- Masaya Volcano National Park 153 kilometers away
- Managua 174 kilometers away
- Matagalpa 216 kilometers away
- The Corn Islands 242 kilometers away
- León & Northern Nicaragua 246 kilometers away
Accommodation choices for Solentiname Islands
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Solentiname Islands. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Ideas for experiencing Solentiname Islands
Our specialists seek out authentic ways to get to know the places that could feature in your trip. These activities reflect some of the experiences they've most enjoyed while visiting Solentiname Islands, and which use the best local guides.