Amakhala is a conservation area of 6,500 hectares providing breathtaking views, wide open African plains and a fantastic diversity of wildlife.
The land was once various farms that have been amalgamated and returned to their natural bushveld state, populated with game species indigenous to the area.
Game viewing is excellent in the reserve, and the rangers are knowledgeable. An added bonus is that the Eastern Cape is malaria-free.
Suggested itinerary featuring Amakhala Game Reserve
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in Amakhala Game Reserve, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Amakhala Game Reserve
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Amakhala Game Reserve
- Shamwari Private Game Reserve 12 kilometers away
- The Eastern Cape Game Areas 23 kilometers away
- Addo Elephant National Park 29 kilometers away
- Pumba Private Game Reserve 34 kilometers away
- Port Elizabeth 64 kilometers away
- Kwandwe Private Game Reserve 65 kilometers away
- East London 180 kilometers away
- Tsitsikamma Forest 209 kilometers away
- Plettenberg Bay 258 kilometers away
- Knysna 286 kilometers away
- The Klein Karoo 297 kilometers away
- Wilderness 328 kilometers away
- Coffee Bay 336 kilometers away
- The Cango Caves & Swartberg Pass 359 kilometers away
- Oudtshoorn & Surrounds 359 kilometers away
- Port St Johns 389 kilometers away
- Calitzdorp 407 kilometers away
- Lesotho 483 kilometers away
Accommodation choices for Amakhala Game Reserve
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Amakhala Game Reserve. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.