Visit Coffee Bay, South Africa
The drive into Coffee Bay from the N2 highway takes you through a landscape that has changed little in centuries.
Thatched rondavels cover the countryside next to fields of sugarcane protected by natural fences of spiky aloe. Cattle, horses and people wander freely, including on the road.
Activities in Coffee Bay
Coffee Bay itself is a small settlement divided by a river. There is an attractive beach, some good rocks for fishing and nice hiking along the cliffs.
The Hole in the Wall
A short drive (or a hike of three or so hours) brings you to Hole in the Wall, one of South Africa’s natural wonders. It's an offshore formation of rock has had a hole bored through it by centuries of waves that now crash through and rush out of the far side.
Map of Coffee Bay
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Coffee Bay
- Port St Johns 55 kilometers away
- East London 163 kilometers away
- The South Coast 237 kilometers away
- Kwandwe Private Game Reserve 275 kilometers away
- The Midlands 285 kilometers away
- Lesotho 285 kilometers away
- The Drakensberg 291 kilometers away
- Durban 297 kilometers away
- Pumba Private Game Reserve 303 kilometers away
- Umhlanga Rocks 311 kilometers away
- The Eastern Cape Game Areas 314 kilometers away
- Shamwari Private Game Reserve 329 kilometers away
- Amakhala Game Reserve 335 kilometers away
- Addo Elephant National Park 359 kilometers away
- Spioenkop 371 kilometers away
- Port Elizabeth 399 kilometers away
- The Battlefields 427 kilometers away