Visit Umhlanga Rocks, South Africa
Warmed by the Indian Ocean, Umhlanga sizzles in summer and has wonderfully mild winters, but it owes its reputation as a hot spot to far more than its magnificent climate.
It is 20 minutes' drive north of Durban, and is the coastal playground of the jetset, boasting a wondrous promenade, pavement cafés and an addictively cool, laid back feel.
Map of Umhlanga Rocks
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Umhlanga Rocks
- Durban 15 kilometers away
- The South Coast 76 kilometers away
- The Midlands 96 kilometers away
- The Battlefields 160 kilometers away
- The Drakensberg 165 kilometers away
- Spioenkop 194 kilometers away
- Hluhluwe-IMfolozi Game Reserve 211 kilometers away
- iSimangaliso Wetland Park 235 kilometers away
- Thanda Safari Private Game Reserve 239 kilometers away
- Lake St Lucia 242 kilometers away
- Phinda Private Game Reserve 251 kilometers away
- Port St Johns 257 kilometers away
- Lesotho 270 kilometers away
- Coffee Bay 311 kilometers away
- The Elephant Coast 349 kilometers away
- Eswatini 351 kilometers away
- East London 472 kilometers away
Photos of Umhlanga Rocks
Accommodation choices for Umhlanga Rocks
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Umhlanga Rocks. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
This former home of a mining family has been meticulously transformed into a luxurious haven away from the hustle and bustle of Durban in the exclusive suburb of Umhlanga.