Visit Umhlanga Rocks, South Africa
Warmed by the Indian Ocean, Umhlanga sizzles in summer and has wonderfully mild winters, but it owes its reputation as a hot spot to far more than its magnificent climate.
It is 20 minutes' drive north of Durban, and is the coastal playground of the jetset, boasting a wondrous promenade, pavement cafes and an addictively cool, laid back feel.
Map of Umhlanga Rocks
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Umhlanga Rocks
- Durban 9 miles away
- The South Coast 47 miles away
- The Midlands 60 miles away
- The Battlefields 99 miles away
- The Drakensberg 103 miles away
- Spioenkop 121 miles away
- Hluhluwe-IMfolozi Game Reserve 131 miles away
- iSimangaliso Wetland Park 146 miles away
- Thanda Safari Private Game Reserve 149 miles away
- Lake St Lucia 151 miles away
- Phinda Private Game Reserve 156 miles away
- Port St Johns 160 miles away
- Lesotho 168 miles away
- Coffee Bay 193 miles away
- The Elephant Coast 217 miles away
- Eswatini 218 miles away
- East London 294 miles away
Photos of Umhlanga Rocks
Accommodation choices for Umhlanga Rocks
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Umhlanga Rocks. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
This former home of a mining family has been meticulously transformed into a luxurious haven away from the hustle and bustle of Durban in the exclusive suburb of Umhlanga.