Lake St Lucia is a World Heritage Site of prime wetland and inland water.
The animals in this area are very much dependent on the water available to survive.
Seeing game in Lake St Lucia National Park
Drought here is cyclical and so they tend move to less affected areas and then back again when the rains return. Accordingly, seeing a good amount of game depends on the prevailing conditions.
However, whenever you visit you will see the coastal forest retains its dense greenery and prolific birdlife, and the coast of the Greater St Lucia Wetlands Park is as beautiful and remote as ever.
Map of iSimangaliso Wetland Park
Places & hotels on the map
Places near iSimangaliso Wetland Park
- Lake St Lucia 5 miles away
- Phinda Private Game Reserve 19 miles away
- Thanda Safari Private Game Reserve 26 miles away
- Hluhluwe-iMfolozi Park 36 miles away
- The Elephant Coast 73 miles away
- Eswatini 115 miles away
- The Battlefields 116 miles away
- Umhlanga Rocks 146 miles away
- Durban 155 miles away
- The Midlands 179 miles away
- Spioenkop 186 miles away
- Southern & Central Sectors Kruger National Park 193 miles away
- The South Coast 193 miles away
- The Drakensberg 208 miles away
- Hazyview 222 miles away
- Sabi Sands Game Reserve 229 miles away
- The Escarpment 240 miles away
- Kruger National Park 250 miles away
- Thornybush Reserve 258 miles away
- Blyde River Canyon Nature Reserve 259 miles away
- Timbavati Game Reserve 263 miles away
- Kapama Private Game Reserve 264 miles away
- Lesotho 280 miles away
- Greater Makalali Game Reserve 292 miles away
- Johannesburg 300 miles away