Set on 14,000 hectares of land adjacent to the Kruger Park, Thornybush Game Reserve is primarily open savannah and is home to the Big Five.
Game viewing here is good, and access from nearby Hoedspruit Airport is excellent.
The private lodges on the reserve offer a great range of accommodation and there is something here for every taste.
Map of Thornybush Reserve
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Thornybush Reserve
- Kapama Private Game Reserve 8 miles away
- Timbavati Game Reserve 12 miles away
- Blyde River Canyon Nature Reserve 25 miles away
- Sabi Sands Game Reserve 32 miles away
- Kruger National Park 34 miles away
- Greater Makalali Game Reserve 34 miles away
- Hazyview 40 miles away
- The Escarpment 41 miles away
- Southern & Central Sectors Kruger National Park 67 miles away
- Eswatini 149 miles away
- The Elephant Coast 206 miles away
- Johannesburg 224 miles away
- The Waterberg 233 miles away
- Thanda Safari Private Game Reserve 237 miles away
- Phinda Private Game Reserve 240 miles away
- Lake St Lucia 254 miles away
- Hluhluwe-IMfolozi Game Reserve 256 miles away
- iSimangaliso Wetland Park 258 miles away
- The Pilanesberg National Park 262 miles away
- The Battlefields 272 miles away
Photos of Thornybush Reserve
Accommodation choices for Thornybush Reserve
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Thornybush Reserve. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Providing an authentic safari experience reminiscent of a bygone era, Chapungu Luxury Tented Camp is set in the heart of a private game reserve within the Greater Kruger National Park, allowing you to immerse yourself in the area’s superb scenery and wildlife.
Serondella Lodge is nestled in the heart of Big Five country adjacent to the Greater Kruger National Park, and includes a huge diversity of mammal and bird species.
Shumbalala is ideal for those seeking an exclusive luxury safari within the Thornybush Reserve. With a maximum of ten guests, your experience is certain to be very private.
Despite being a larger lodge, the quality of the rooms here, and levels of guiding and service are very high. The Audley team has thoroughly enjoyed staying here on their visits to Thornybush, and we highly recommend it.