Visit Thornybush Reserve, South Africa
Set on 14,000 hectares of land adjacent to the Kruger Park, Thornybush Game Reserve is primarily open savannah and is home to the Big Five.
Game viewing here is good, and access from nearby Hoedspruit Airport is excellent.
The private lodges on the reserve offer a great range of accommodation and there is something here for every taste.
Map of Thornybush Reserve
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Thornybush Reserve
- Kapama Private Game Reserve 13 kilometers away
- Timbavati Game Reserve 20 kilometers away
- Blyde River Canyon Nature Reserve 39 kilometers away
- Sabi Sand Wildtuin 51 kilometers away
- Kruger National Park 55 kilometers away
- Greater Makalali Game Reserve 55 kilometers away
- Hazyview 64 kilometers away
- The Escarpment 65 kilometers away
- Southern & Central Sectors Kruger National Park 107 kilometers away
- Eswatini 240 kilometers away
- The Elephant Coast 331 kilometers away
- Johannesburg 360 kilometers away
- The Waterberg 375 kilometers away
- Thanda Safari Private Game Reserve 381 kilometers away
- Phinda Private Game Reserve 386 kilometers away
- Lake St Lucia 409 kilometers away
- Hluhluwe-IMfolozi Game Reserve 412 kilometers away
- iSimangaliso Wetland Park 415 kilometers away
- The Pilanesberg National Park 422 kilometers away
- The Battlefields 437 kilometers away
Photos of Thornybush Reserve
Accommodation choices for Thornybush Reserve
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Thornybush Reserve. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Providing an authentic safari experience reminiscent of a bygone era, Chapungu Luxury Tented Camp is set in the heart of a private game reserve within the Greater Kruger National Park, allowing you to immerse yourself in the area’s superb scenery and wildlife.
Serondella Lodge is nestled in the heart of Big Five country adjacent to the Greater Kruger National Park, and includes a huge diversity of mammal and bird species.
Shumbalala is ideal for those seeking an exclusive luxury safari within the Thornybush Reserve. With a maximum of ten guests, your experience is certain to be very private.
Despite being a larger lodge, the quality of the rooms here, and levels of guiding and service are very high. The Audley team has thoroughly enjoyed staying here on their visits to Thornybush, and we highly recommend it.