Thornybush Game Lodge
Thornybush Game Reserve is nestled in the heart of Big Five country adjacent to the Greater Kruger National Park. The reserve has over 12,000 hectares of pristine African bushveld with a huge diversity of mammal and bird species.
Thornybush Game Lodge overlooks the seasonal Monwana River. It is an exclusive lodge with stylish air-conditioned suites and extensive living areas. All have high ceilings, twin or king-size beds, and a large en suite bathroom with twin basins, a bathtub, and an indoor and outdoor shower. Each room also has a private deck with sweeping views over the dry riverbed and waterhole. Superb attention to detail and highly personalized service make for a memorable stay. There are 20 suites altogether, although it has the atmosphere of a much smaller lodge.
Enjoy exciting safaris at dawn and dusk as well as bush walks. Back at camp you can browse in the library or relax at the pool. Should you wish to pamper yourself you can book treatments at the lodge’s spa. Please note treatments may have to be booked in advance as the spa is used by all the lodges in the Thornybush Collection and can get booked up.
Speak to someone
who's been there
- Make an inquiry
Photos of Thornybush Game Lodge
Location & places nearby
Places & hotels on the map
Alternative places to stay nearby
Where possible, we like to offer a range of accommodation for each stop of your trip, chosen by our specialists as some of their favorite places to stay. To help you make the right choice, we give each property a rating based on its facilities and service, but we also look for hotels with distinct character or a location that can’t be bettered.
Thornybush Reserve and nearby places
- Kapama Private Game Reserve 10 kilometers away
- Timbavati Game Reserve 17 kilometers away
- Blyde River Canyon Nature Reserve 41 kilometers away
- Sabi Sands Game Reserve 58 kilometers away
- Kruger National Park 57 kilometers away
- Hazyview 71 kilometers away
- The Escarpment 70 kilometers away
- Greater Makalali Game Reserve 62 kilometers away
- Southern & Central Sectors Kruger National Park 115 kilometers away
- Eswatini 247 kilometers away