Visit Timbavati Game Reserve, South Africa
The Timbavati Private Nature Reserve is an association of some 50 private farm owners who have joined together, knocked down all their internal fences and given their land over to conservation.
At over 53,000 hectares and with just 12 safari lodges in the reserve, the game experience is excellent and exclusive.
The reserve shares a long, unfenced border with the Kruger National Park, and is home to the Big Five as well as a wide array of other game including cheetah and occasional wild dog packs from the Kruger Park. The game viewing is excellent here, and the conservation ethic is superb.
The landscape has a wild and rugged feel to it, and the Timbavati is a great place to come for your safari.
Map of Timbavati Game Reserve
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Timbavati Game Reserve
- Thornybush Reserve 20 kilometers away
- Kapama Private Game Reserve 27 kilometers away
- Kruger National Park 42 kilometers away
- Sabi Sands Game Reserve 56 kilometers away
- Blyde River Canyon Nature Reserve 57 kilometers away
- Greater Makalali Game Reserve 60 kilometers away
- Hazyview 79 kilometers away
- The Escarpment 84 kilometers away
- Southern & Central Sectors Kruger National Park 114 kilometers away
- Eswatini 251 kilometers away
- The Elephant Coast 335 kilometers away
- Johannesburg 379 kilometers away
- Thanda Safari Private Game Reserve 390 kilometers away
- The Waterberg 390 kilometers away
- Phinda Private Game Reserve 395 kilometers away
- Lake St Lucia 417 kilometers away
- Hluhluwe-IMfolozi Game Reserve 421 kilometers away
- iSimangaliso Wetland Park 423 kilometers away
- The Pilanesberg National Park 439 kilometers away
- The Battlefields 452 kilometers away
Photos of Timbavati Game Reserve
Accommodation choices for Timbavati Game Reserve
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Timbavati Game Reserve. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Found in the heart of Timbavati Private Game Reserve, the intimate RockFig Safari Lodge has just six exclusive suites featuring thoughtful furnishings, a private veranda, and a bath with a view overlooking the bushveld below.
An eco-friendly, no-frills camp located deep within the Timbavati Private Game Reserve, Bateleur Safari Camp offers a safari experience that combines bush walks and game drives.
This is how safari should be done: under canvas in a remote and exclusive setting. Don't let the thought of nights under canvas put you off: the rooms are still superbly well appointed and comfortable.