The Timbavati Private Nature Reserve is an association of some 50 private farm owners who have joined together, knocked down all their internal fences and given their land over to conservation.
At over 53,000 hectares and with just 12 safari lodges in the reserve, the game experience is excellent and exclusive.
The reserve shares a long, unfenced border with the Kruger National Park, and is home to the Big Five as well as a wide array of other game including cheetah and occasional wild dog packs from the Kruger Park. The game viewing is excellent here, and the conservation ethic is superb.
The landscape has a wild and rugged feel to it, and the Timbavati is a great place to come for your safari.
Map of Timbavati Game Reserve
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Timbavati Game Reserve
- Thornybush Reserve 12 miles away
- Kapama Private Game Reserve 17 miles away
- Kruger National Park 26 miles away
- Sabi Sands Game Reserve 35 miles away
- Blyde River Canyon Nature Reserve 36 miles away
- Greater Makalali Game Reserve 38 miles away
- Hazyview 49 miles away
- The Escarpment 53 miles away
- Southern & Central Sectors Kruger National Park 71 miles away
- Eswatini 156 miles away
- The Elephant Coast 208 miles away
- Johannesburg 235 miles away
- Thanda Safari Private Game Reserve 243 miles away
- The Waterberg 243 miles away
- Phinda Private Game Reserve 245 miles away
- Lake St Lucia 259 miles away
- Hluhluwe-iMfolozi Park 262 miles away
- iSimangaliso Wetland Park 263 miles away
- The Pilanesberg National Park 273 miles away
- The Battlefields 281 miles away
Photos of Timbavati Game Reserve
Accommodation choices for Timbavati Game Reserve
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Timbavati Game Reserve. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
An eco-friendly, no-frills camp located deep within the Timbavati Private Game Reserve, Bateleur Safari Camp offers a safari experience that combines bush walks and game drives.
Found in the heart of Timbavati Private Game Reserve, the intimate RockFig Safari Lodge has just six exclusive suites featuring thoughtful furnishings, a private veranda, and a bath with a view overlooking the bushveld below.
This is how safari should be done: under canvas in a remote and exclusive setting. Don't let the thought of nights under canvas put you off: the rooms are still superbly well appointed and comfortable.