Located on the edge of the Greater St Lucia Wetland Park, Phinda is regarded as a model of conservation.
Established some fifteen years ago, the 185 square kilometres of land had been extensively farmed.
Phinda returned to nature
However, through careful management and the reintroduction of indigenous species, it has been returned to its natural state and comprises seven separate ecospheres from savannah to the rare sand forest.
Game viewing is very good here.
Map of Phinda Private Game Reserve
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Phinda Private Game Reserve
- Thanda Safari Private Game Reserve 15 miles away
- Lake St Lucia 15 miles away
- iSimangaliso Wetland Park 19 miles away
- Hluhluwe-IMfolozi Game Reserve 25 miles away
- The Elephant Coast 61 miles away
- Eswatini 97 miles away
- The Battlefields 113 miles away
- Umhlanga Rocks 156 miles away
- Durban 165 miles away
- Southern & Central Sectors Kruger National Park 175 miles away
- The Midlands 184 miles away
- Spioenkop 184 miles away
- The South Coast 203 miles away
- Hazyview 204 miles away
- The Drakensberg 209 miles away
- Sabi Sand Wildtuin 211 miles away
- The Escarpment 222 miles away
- Kruger National Park 233 miles away
- Thornybush Reserve 240 miles away
- Blyde River Canyon Nature Reserve 241 miles away
- Timbavati Game Reserve 245 miles away
- Kapama Private Game Reserve 246 miles away
- Greater Makalali Game Reserve 270 miles away
- Lesotho 274 miles away
- Johannesburg 287 miles away
Accommodation choices for Phinda Private Game Reserve
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Phinda Private Game Reserve. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.