Visit Thanda Safari Private Game Reserve, South Africa
Thanda Safari Private Game Reserve is a privately owned reserve situated in northern of KwaZulu Natal an hour away from the Indian Ocean where the climate is tropical throughout the year. Average daily temperatures are between 20-30 degrees Centigrade.
Wildlife of Thanda Safari Private Game Reserve
Thanda Private Reserve is 14,000 hectares of bushland offering the opportunity to encounter an abundance of wildlife including lion, buffalo, leopard, rhino and elephant as well as over 400 bird species and it is an award-winning safari destination.
Thanda, meaning 'love' in Zulu, unites romantic decadence and exclusivity with Zulu culture and wildlife in five-star facilities. Be transfixed in awe as you witness a hundred-year-old ritual performed by Zulu warriors, offering you a glimpse of a powerful nation that still retains its deep traditions.
Map of Thanda Safari Private Game Reserve
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Thanda Safari Private Game Reserve
- Phinda Private Game Reserve 15 miles away
- Hluhluwe-IMfolozi Game Reserve 20 miles away
- Lake St Lucia 26 miles away
- iSimangaliso Wetland Park 27 miles away
- The Elephant Coast 70 miles away
- Eswatini 91 miles away
- The Battlefields 100 miles away
- Umhlanga Rocks 149 miles away
- Durban 158 miles away
- Spioenkop 170 miles away
- Southern & Central Sectors Kruger National Park 173 miles away
- The Midlands 173 miles away
- The South Coast 196 miles away
- The Drakensberg 197 miles away
- Hazyview 200 miles away
- Sabi Sand Wildtuin 208 miles away
- The Escarpment 217 miles away
- Kruger National Park 232 miles away
- Blyde River Canyon Nature Reserve 237 miles away
- Thornybush Reserve 237 miles away
- Kapama Private Game Reserve 242 miles away
- Timbavati Game Reserve 243 miles away
- Lesotho 261 miles away
- Greater Makalali Game Reserve 266 miles away
- Johannesburg 274 miles away
Photos of Thanda Safari Private Game Reserve
Accommodation choices for Thanda Safari Private Game Reserve
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Thanda Safari Private Game Reserve. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Thanda, meaning Zulu for 'love', is a 14,000 hectare Big Five private game reserve dotted with beautiful yellow fever trees. At Thanda you can enjoy a variety of activities including game drives, stargazing, and bush walks.
Thanda, meaning ‘love’ in Zulu, is a 14,000 hectare Big Five private game reserve dotted with beautiful, vibrant yellow fever trees. The nine en suite bush villas are huge and luxurious with a lounge area, fireplace, minibar, tea/coffee facilities and air conditioning.