The Greater Makalali Conservancy is located west of the Kruger Park, and is a self-contained reserve of 24,500 hectares — a very decent size.
Game here is good, with lion, elephant, leopard and rhino all present on the reserve, as well as good numbers of general game and the rare Sable antelope.
Access is good, being about 75 minutes from both Hoedspruit and Phalaborwa airports.
Map of Greater Makalali Game Reserve
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Greater Makalali Game Reserve
- Blyde River Canyon Nature Reserve 33 miles away
- Kapama Private Game Reserve 34 miles away
- Thornybush Reserve 42 miles away
- Timbavati Game Reserve 46 miles away
- The Escarpment 54 miles away
- Hazyview 70 miles away
- Kruger National Park 72 miles away
- Sabi Sands Game Reserve 72 miles away
- Southern & Central Sectors Kruger National Park 105 miles away
- Eswatini 179 miles away
- The Waterberg 202 miles away
- Johannesburg 217 miles away
- The Pilanesberg National Park 236 miles away
- The Elephant Coast 244 miles away
- Phinda Private Game Reserve 274 miles away
- Thanda Safari Private Game Reserve 275 miles away
- The Madikwe Game Reserve 277 miles away
- Lake St Lucia 288 miles away
- iSimangaliso Wetland Park 292 miles away
- The Battlefields 293 miles away
- Hluhluwe-iMfolozi Park 296 miles away
Photos of Greater Makalali Game Reserve
Accommodation choices for Greater Makalali Game Reserve
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Greater Makalali Game Reserve. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Greater Makalali Game Reserve