Visit Greater Makalali Game Reserve, South Africa
Greater Makalali Game Reserve, South Africa
The Greater Makalali Conservancy is located west of the Kruger Park, and is a self-contained reserve of 24,500 hectares - a very decent size.
Game here is good, with lion, elephant, leopard and rhino all present on the reserve, as well as good numbers of general game and the rare Sable antelope.
Access is good, being about 75 minutes from both Hoedspruit and Phalaborwa airports.
Map of Greater Makalali Game Reserve
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Greater Makalali Game Reserve
- Kapama Private Game Reserve 27 miles away
- Blyde River Canyon Nature Reserve 31 miles away
- Thornybush Reserve 34 miles away
- Timbavati Game Reserve 38 miles away
- The Escarpment 54 miles away
- Kruger National Park 63 miles away
- Sabi Sand Wildtuin 65 miles away
- Hazyview 67 miles away
- Southern & Central Sectors Kruger National Park 99 miles away
- Eswatini 177 miles away
- The Waterberg 211 miles away
- Johannesburg 217 miles away
- The Elephant Coast 238 miles away
- The Pilanesberg National Park 245 miles away
- Thanda Safari Private Game Reserve 266 miles away
- Phinda Private Game Reserve 270 miles away
- Lake St Lucia 285 miles away
- Hluhluwe-IMfolozi Game Reserve 285 miles away
- The Madikwe Game Reserve 287 miles away
- iSimangaliso Wetland Park 288 miles away
- The Battlefields 293 miles away
Photos of Greater Makalali Game Reserve
Accommodation choices for Greater Makalali Game Reserve
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Greater Makalali Game Reserve. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Garonga is the most relaxing and romantic lodge we feature. Within moments of arriving all your worries will have left you, and the unhurried pace of life in the camp will be hard to leave come the end of your stay.