Garonga Safari Camp
The Greater Makalali Game Reserve is about an hour from the Kruger National Park and offers a more relaxed and unhurried game viewing experience. Complementing this is Garonga itself, a wonderfully laid-back camp of just six en suite rooms.
The rooms have canvas roofs and terracotta walls that evoke North African adobe architecture, with large beds beautifully draped with fine fabrics and mosquito nets. At the front of the rooms are private decks overlooking the river bed, complete with a hammock where you can relax and watch the animals drinking from the nearby waterhole.
The reserve does offer four of the Big Five, although you are encouraged to learn about and admire the smaller animals and the fascinating roles they play within the reserve's ecosystem.
Speak to someone
who's been there
- 01993 838 550
- Make an enquiry
Photos of Garonga Safari Camp
Location & places nearby
Places & hotels on the map
Greater Makalali Game Reserve and nearby places
- Blyde River Canyon Nature Reserve 34 miles away
- Kapama Private Game Reserve 31 miles away
- Thornybush Reserve 39 miles away
- Timbavati Game Reserve 42 miles away
- The Escarpment 56 miles away
- Hazyview 70 miles away
- Kruger National Park 68 miles away
- Sabi Sands Game Reserve 69 miles away
- Southern & Central Sectors Kruger National Park 103 miles away
- Eswatini 180 miles away