Visit Thanda Safari Private Game Reserve, South Africa
Thanda Safari Private Game Reserve, South Africa
Thanda Safari Private Game Reserve is a privately owned reserve situated in northern of KwaZulu Natal an hour away from the Indian Ocean where the climate is tropical throughout the year. Average daily temperatures are between 20-30 degrees Centigrade.
Wildlife of Thanda Safari Private Game Reserve
Thanda Private Reserve is 14,000 hectares of bushland offering the opportunity to encounter an abundance of wildlife including lion, buffalo, leopard, rhino and elephant as well as over 400 bird species and it is an award-winning safari destination.
Thanda, meaning 'love' in Zulu, unites romantic decadence and exclusivity with Zulu culture and wildlife in five-star facilities. Be transfixed in awe as you witness a hundred-year-old ritual performed by Zulu warriors, offering you a glimpse of a powerful nation that still retains its deep traditions.
Map of Thanda Safari Private Game Reserve
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Thanda Safari Private Game Reserve
- Phinda Private Game Reserve 23 kilometers away
- Hluhluwe-IMfolozi Game Reserve 32 kilometers away
- Lake St Lucia 42 kilometers away
- iSimangaliso Wetland Park 44 kilometers away
- The Elephant Coast 113 kilometers away
- Eswatini 146 kilometers away
- The Battlefields 161 kilometers away
- Umhlanga Rocks 239 kilometers away
- Durban 253 kilometers away
- Spioenkop 274 kilometers away
- Southern & Central Sectors Kruger National Park 278 kilometers away
- The Midlands 278 kilometers away
- The South Coast 315 kilometers away
- The Drakensberg 317 kilometers away
- Hazyview 321 kilometers away
- Sabi Sand Wildtuin 335 kilometers away
- The Escarpment 349 kilometers away
- Kruger National Park 373 kilometers away
- Blyde River Canyon Nature Reserve 381 kilometers away
- Thornybush Reserve 381 kilometers away
- Kapama Private Game Reserve 390 kilometers away
- Timbavati Game Reserve 390 kilometers away
- Lesotho 420 kilometers away
- Greater Makalali Game Reserve 428 kilometers away
- Johannesburg 441 kilometers away
Photos of Thanda Safari Private Game Reserve
Accommodation choices for Thanda Safari Private Game Reserve
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Thanda Safari Private Game Reserve. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Thanda, meaning ‘love’ in Zulu, is a 14,000 hectare Big Five private game reserve dotted with beautiful, vibrant yellow fever trees. The nine en-suite bush villas are huge and luxurious with a lounge area, fireplace, minibar, tea/coffee facilities and air conditioning.
Thanda, meaning Zulu for 'love', is a 14,000 hectare Big Five private game reserve dotted with beautiful yellow fever trees. At Thanda you can enjoy a variety of activities including game drives, star gazing, and bush walks.