Visit the Elephant Coast, South Africa
The Elephant Coast region covers the empty beaches of northern KwaZulu-Natal, and the unique and remarkable coastal forest of this area.
Wildlife of the Elephant Coast
On shore you have a lush, green canopy, home to myriad birds, antelopes and monkeys, which creeps up high sand dunes that then fall away to amazing beaches.
As well as their beauty and solitude, these areas are great for diving with a wonderful variety of sea life, including the turtles which make annual pilgrimages to the region to nest.
Map of the Elephant Coast
Places & hotels on the map
Places in and around the Elephant Coast
- Lake St Lucia The Elephant Coast
- Phinda Private Game Reserve 99 kilometers away
- Thanda Safari Private Game Reserve 113 kilometers away
- iSimangaliso Wetland Park 117 kilometers away
- Hluhluwe-IMfolozi Game Reserve 139 kilometers away
- Eswatini 145 kilometers away
- Southern & Central Sectors Kruger National Park 224 kilometers away
- The Battlefields 267 kilometers away
- Hazyview 280 kilometers away
- Sabi Sands Game Reserve 281 kilometers away
- Kruger National Park 308 kilometers away
- The Escarpment 317 kilometers away
- Thornybush Reserve 331 kilometers away
- Timbavati Game Reserve 335 kilometers away
- Blyde River Canyon Nature Reserve 341 kilometers away
- Kapama Private Game Reserve 342 kilometers away
- Umhlanga Rocks 349 kilometers away
- Durban 363 kilometers away
- Spioenkop 377 kilometers away
- Greater Makalali Game Reserve 383 kilometers away
- The Midlands 390 kilometers away
- The South Coast 424 kilometers away
- The Drakensberg 427 kilometers away
Photos of the Elephant Coast
Accommodation choices for the Elephant Coast
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit the Elephant Coast. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Set among golden sand dunes bordering a large, secluded beach, Thonga Beach Lodge is an intimately-sized retreat with a relaxing feel. Its thatched rondavel accommodation blends in well with the natural surroundings, and the variety of activities on offer sets it apart from other beachside properties.
Kosi Forest Lodge is located in the Kosi Bay Nature Reserve, a remote and unspoilt area of lakes, rivers and coastal forests that forms part of the iSimangaliso Wetland Park, a recognized World Heritage Site.