Visit Phinda Private Game Reserve, South Africa
Located on the edge of the Greater St Lucia Wetland Park, Phinda is regarded as a model of conservation.
Established some fifteen years ago, the 185 square kilometers of land had been extensively farmed.
Phinda returned to nature
However, through careful management and the reintroduction of indigenous species, it has been returned to its natural state and comprises seven separate ecospheres from savannah to the rare sand forest.
Game viewing is very good here.
Map of Phinda Private Game Reserve
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Phinda Private Game Reserve
- Thanda Safari Private Game Reserve 23 kilometers away
- Lake St Lucia 24 kilometers away
- iSimangaliso Wetland Park 30 kilometers away
- Hluhluwe-IMfolozi Game Reserve 41 kilometers away
- The Elephant Coast 99 kilometers away
- Eswatini 156 kilometers away
- The Battlefields 182 kilometers away
- Umhlanga Rocks 251 kilometers away
- Durban 265 kilometers away
- Southern & Central Sectors Kruger National Park 281 kilometers away
- The Midlands 295 kilometers away
- Spioenkop 295 kilometers away
- The South Coast 326 kilometers away
- Hazyview 328 kilometers away
- The Drakensberg 337 kilometers away
- Sabi Sand Wildtuin 339 kilometers away
- The Escarpment 358 kilometers away
- Kruger National Park 375 kilometers away
- Thornybush Reserve 386 kilometers away
- Blyde River Canyon Nature Reserve 388 kilometers away
- Timbavati Game Reserve 395 kilometers away
- Kapama Private Game Reserve 395 kilometers away
- Greater Makalali Game Reserve 435 kilometers away
- Lesotho 441 kilometers away
- Johannesburg 462 kilometers away
Photos of Phinda Private Game Reserve
Accommodation choices for Phinda Private Game Reserve
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Phinda Private Game Reserve. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Forest Lodge puts you in the heart of the famous Dry Sand Forest in rooms that are raised above the forest floor to minimize their ecological impact.
This is a very exclusive lodge, small, intimate and beautifully decorated: perfect for those looking for privacy and also for those who appreciate traditional African art and architecture.
Mountain Lodge sits atop one of the rolling summits in the hillier part of the Phinda Reserve, and from the central lodge decking there are great views out over the bush.
The modern, open feel of the rooms, and the proximity to the forest and vlei, make this a wonderful, unique place to stay. In addition, the small number of rooms and the space between them helps generate a feeling of real exclusivity.