Phinda Forest Lodge
Forest Lodge puts you in the heart of the famous Dry Sand Forest, in rooms that are raised above the forest floor to minimize their ecological impact. The 16 rooms are almost entirely walled in glass, leaving the thinnest of barriers between you and the bush, are en suite, with a private deck where you can relax and soak up the atmosphere.
The rooms are decorated in a minimalist style, reminiscent of Asian furnishing, but by using dark woods, they maintain an African feel. The main lodge is decorated in a similar fashion, and is open on three sides, leading out onto a deck that has views over an area of vlei immediately in front of the camp — nyala and red duiker are a very common sight in the camp, and it has also been known for elephant to come and drink at the pool.
The pool provides the main focal point in the day, with plenty of space around it to relax and soak in the sunshine. The staff will also set up a small bar area, from which they will serve drinks to help keep you refreshed.
Speak to someone
who's been there
- Make an inquiry
Photos of Phinda Forest Lodge
Location & places nearby
Places & hotels on the map
Alternative places to stay nearby
Where possible, we like to offer a range of accommodation for each stop of your trip, chosen by our specialists as some of their favorite places to stay. To help you make the right choice, we give each property a rating based on its facilities and service, but we also look for hotels with distinct character or a location that can’t be bettered.
Phinda Private Game Reserve and nearby places
- Lake St Lucia 22 kilometers away
- Thanda Safari Private Game Reserve 23 kilometers away
- iSimangaliso Wetland Park 25 kilometers away
- Hluhluwe-IMfolozi Game Reserve 58 kilometers away
- The Elephant Coast 106 kilometers away
- Eswatini 160 kilometers away
- The Battlefields 177 kilometers away
- Umhlanga Rocks 243 kilometers away
- Durban 257 kilometers away
- Southern & Central Sectors Kruger National Park 287 kilometers away