Phinda Vlei Lodge
Vlei Lodge is located on the edge of the Sand Forest in the north of Phinda, overlooking a pan, or vlei. This means that as well as being right in among the life of the forest, you also have views across the open vlei; nyala and red duiker in particular are frequent visitors.
In addition to the main lounge and dining areas, there are just six chalets, raised slightly on stilts with thatched roofs, where the north and west African influence on the décor and styling can be seen in the bold colors and dark wood artifacts. Each room is en suite with a dressing area and is air-conditioned with a small private deck area with plunge pool where you can relax and watch the world, and the wildlife, go by.
Speak to someone
who's been there
- Make an inquiry
Photos of Phinda Vlei Lodge
Location & places nearby
Places & hotels on the map
Alternative places to stay nearby
Where possible, we like to offer a range of accommodation for each stop of your trip, chosen by our specialists as some of their favorite places to stay. To help you make the right choice, we give each property a rating based on its facilities and service, but we also look for hotels with distinct character or a location that can’t be bettered.
Phinda Private Game Reserve and nearby places
- Lake St Lucia 24 kilometers away
- Thanda Safari Private Game Reserve 30 kilometers away
- iSimangaliso Wetland Park 29 kilometers away
- Hluhluwe-IMfolozi Game Reserve 66 kilometers away
- The Elephant Coast 98 kilometers away
- Eswatini 157 kilometers away
- The Battlefields 183 kilometers away
- Umhlanga Rocks 251 kilometers away
- Durban 265 kilometers away
- Southern & Central Sectors Kruger National Park 281 kilometers away