Mountain Lodge sits atop one of the rolling summits in the hillier part of the Phinda Reserve, and from the central lodge decking there are great views out over the bush.
The lounge and dining areas are very large and spacious; the decor is modern, and the attention to detail is superb. The 25 suites, and the pool area, spread away from the lodge down the hillside, so in contrast to being on the hilltop, the private decks at each room look directly into the bush, where nyala and vervet monkeys forage. The rooms have the same modern styling and are spacious, spread out over split levels with large en suite bathrooms with separate bath and shower as well as an outdoor shower. Each room also has a private plunge pool on their deck.
The boma is the main focal point in the evenings, where a roaring fire and friendly atmosphere awaits you. The rangers are always happy to stay by the fire after dinner and share stories of their life in the bush.
who's been there
- Make an inquiry
Photos of &Beyond Phinda Mountain Lodge
Location & places nearby
Places & hotels on the map
Alternative places to stay nearby
Where possible, we like to offer a range of accommodation for each stop of your trip, chosen by our specialists as some of their favorite places to stay. To help you make the right choice, we give each property a rating based on its facilities and service, but we also look for hotels with distinct character or a location that can’t be bettered.
Phinda Private Game Reserve and nearby places
- Lake St Lucia 22 kilometers away
- Thanda Safari Private Game Reserve 20 kilometers away
- iSimangaliso Wetland Park 24 kilometers away
- Hluhluwe-IMfolozi Game Reserve 53 kilometers away
- The Elephant Coast 111 kilometers away
- Eswatini 163 kilometers away
- The Battlefields 173 kilometers away
- Umhlanga Rocks 238 kilometers away
- Durban 252 kilometers away
- Southern & Central Sectors Kruger National Park 291 kilometers away