Shumbalala is ideal for those seeking an exclusive luxury safari within the Thornybush Reserve. With a maximum of ten guests, your experience is certain to be very private. Each suite has its own viewing deck and a picture window in front of the bathtub so you can view the wildlife from your own room.
There is also a swimming pool in the main area of the lodge where you can relax during the heat of the day. There is one presidential suite with two luxury rooms, a large sitting area and its own pool. The lodge is furnished in a wonderful combination of colonial and African styles, with stone walls and thatched roofs housing deep leather sofas, wicker chairs and open fireplaces. Fine food, either served on the lodge decks, in the candlelit dining room, or by the campfire, is accompanied by wines from a superbly stocked underground cellar.
who's been there
- Make an inquiry
Photos of Shumbalala
Location & places nearby
Places & hotels on the map
Alternative places to stay nearby
Where possible, we like to offer a range of accommodation for each stop of your trip, chosen by our specialists as some of their favorite places to stay. To help you make the right choice, we give each property a rating based on its facilities and service, but we also look for hotels with distinct character or a location that can’t be bettered.
Serondella Game LodgeThornybush Reserve
Thornybush Game LodgeThornybush Reserve
Thornybush Reserve and nearby places
- Kapama Private Game Reserve 11 kilometers away
- Timbavati Game Reserve 19 kilometers away
- Blyde River Canyon Nature Reserve 39 kilometers away
- Sabi Sands Game Reserve 54 kilometers away
- Kruger National Park 56 kilometers away
- Hazyview 66 kilometers away
- The Escarpment 67 kilometers away
- Greater Makalali Game Reserve 64 kilometers away
- Southern & Central Sectors Kruger National Park 110 kilometers away
- Eswatini 243 kilometers away