Amakhala is a conservation area of 6,500 hectares providing breathtaking views, wide open African plains and a fantastic diversity of wildlife.
The land was once various farms that have been amalgamated and returned to their natural bushveld state, populated with game species indigenous to the area.
Game viewing is excellent in the reserve, and the rangers are knowledgeable. An added bonus is that the Eastern Cape is malaria-free.
Suggested itinerary featuring Amakhala Game Reserve
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in Amakhala Game Reserve, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Amakhala Game Reserve
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Amakhala Game Reserve
- Shamwari Private Game Reserve 8 miles away
- The Eastern Cape Game Areas 15 miles away
- Addo Elephant National Park 18 miles away
- Pumba Private Game Reserve 22 miles away
- Port Elizabeth 40 miles away
- Kwandwe Private Game Reserve 40 miles away
- East London 112 miles away
- Tsitsikamma Forest 130 miles away
- Plettenberg Bay 160 miles away
- Knysna 178 miles away
- The Klein Karoo 185 miles away
- Wilderness 204 miles away
- Coffee Bay 209 miles away
- The Cango Caves & Swartberg Pass 223 miles away
- Oudtshoorn & Surrounds 223 miles away
- Port St Johns 242 miles away
- Calitzdorp 253 miles away
- Lesotho 300 miles away
Accommodation choices for Amakhala Game Reserve
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Amakhala Game Reserve. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.