Visit Amakhala Game Reserve, South Africa
Amakhala is a conservation area of 6,500 hectares providing breathtaking views, wide open African plains and a fantastic diversity of wildlife.
The land was once various farms that have been amalgamated and returned to their natural bushveld state, populated with game species indigenous to the area.
Game viewing is excellent in the reserve, and the rangers are knowledgeable. An added bonus is that the Eastern Cape is malaria-free.
Map of Amakhala Game Reserve
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Amakhala Game Reserve
- Shamwari Private Game Reserve 8 miles away
- The Eastern Cape Game Areas 14 miles away
- Addo Elephant National Park 19 miles away
- Pumba Private Game Reserve 21 miles away
- Kwandwe Private Game Reserve 40 miles away
- Port Elizabeth 41 miles away
- East London 112 miles away
- Tsitsikamma Forest 140 miles away
- Plettenberg Bay 161 miles away
- Knysna 179 miles away
- The Klein Karoo 186 miles away
- Wilderness 205 miles away
- Coffee Bay 208 miles away
- The Cango Caves & Swartberg Pass 224 miles away
- Oudtshoorn & Surrounds 225 miles away
- Port St Johns 241 miles away
- Calitzdorp 254 miles away
Accommodation choices for Amakhala Game Reserve
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Amakhala Game Reserve. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Safari Lodge has just 11 rooms, each a luxury thatched hut with en suite bathroom, with bath and outdoor shower, air-conditioning and private patio area. The décor has strong African touches, lending the lodge an authentic safari ambience.
Woodbury Lodge consists of seven spacious rooms; each a thatched chalet with en suite bathroom, air-conditioning and a private deck. The rooms have a traditional African feel giving an authentic safari experience.
Bukela Game Lodge is a five star lodge based in the Amakhala Reserve nestled in a hidden valley tucked away among indigenous bushes and trees. The thatched buildings are connected by wooden walk ways and the lodge has a very tranquil relaxed feel ideal for resting in between your game drives.
Hillsnek is a small, intimate safari camp consisting of just three tents, meaning that the entire safari experience here is very exclusive and personalized.