Fanjove Island Lodge
Fanjove Island is the jewel in the crown of the Songo Songo Archipelago, and is home to Fanjove Island Lodge. This private island has just ten beach villas spread along the sandy shore, each with an uninterrupted ocean view. The thatched villas have been stylishly decorated with neutral tone furnishings and shell-embellished decor. Open to the outside, the entrances to each villa have a spacious seating area with two swinging hammocks where guests can make the most of the ocean views and the sea breeze. Each villa boasts an open-air en suite bathroom with two showers and twin basins.
The property has been designed in a way that minimises its environmental footprint. Solar power is used throughout, and the buildings have been constructed using natural materials such as palm leaves, thatch, and sustainable timber. While at the same time offering a wonderful feeling of high-end barefoot luxury.
The island's 19th century lighthouse has been restored and transformed into the lodge's restaurant, where you can enjoy your meals overlooking the ocean. Relax in the lounge area or on the many sunbeds dotted along the beach. Activities from the lodge include snorkeling, marine safaris, diving and sailing in traditional dhows.
who's been there
- Make an inquiry
Photos of Fanjove Island Lodge
Location & places nearby
Places & hotels on the map
Songo Songo Archipelago and nearby places
- Dar es Salaam 198 kilometers away
- Nyerere National Park 230 kilometers away
- Bagamoyo 248 kilometers away
- Mikumi National Park 299 kilometers away
- Saadani 304 kilometers away
- Southern Tanzania 346 kilometers away
- Tanzania's Swahili Coast 349 kilometers away
- Ruaha National Park 553 kilometers away
- Tarangire National Park 642 kilometers away
- Mount Kilimanjaro 660 kilometers away