Visit Saadani, Tanzania
Saadani National Park is the only wildlife sanctuary in East Africa with a beach on the Indian Ocean. The park supports a variety of habitats from the palm-fringed beaches interspersed with mangroves on the coast, to the open grassland and acacia copses inland. There is lush riparian vegetation lining the rivers and pockets of dense thickets scattered throughout the park.
Wildlife of Saadani National Park
Although the game viewing is not on a par with some of Tanzania'a other parks, there is a wide range of game present including giraffe, buffalo, waterbuck, reedbuck, hartebeest, wildebeest, and the red duiker, which is restricted to coastal scrub and forest and not often seen elsewhere in Tanzania.
The number of lion and elephant in the park have been increasing and sightings are becoming more common.
The rivers hold a good population of hippo and crocodiles and there is a rich variety of birdlife throughout the park.
Speak to someone
who's been there
- Make an inquiry
Map of Saadani
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Saadani
- Bagamoyo 56 kilometers away
- Tanzania's Swahili Coast 61 kilometers away
- Dar es Salaam 114 kilometers away
- Nyerere National Park 201 kilometers away
- Mikumi National Park 215 kilometers away
- Songo Songo Archipelago 298 kilometers away
- Southern Tanzania 337 kilometers away
- Mount Kilimanjaro 358 kilometers away
- Arusha 367 kilometers away
- Tarangire National Park 370 kilometers away
- West Kilimanjaro 383 kilometers away
- Lake Manyara National Park 428 kilometers away
- Karatu 447 kilometers away
- Ruaha National Park 472 kilometers away
- Ol Doinyo Lengai 474 kilometers away
- Ngorongoro Crater 474 kilometers away
- Northern Tanzania 474 kilometers away
- Lake Eyasi 481 kilometers away