Life moves at a slow pace in Belize, even by Central American standards, making it a very relaxed place to explore. Our Belize tour ideas are inspired by routes that our specialists have taken and enjoyed, often routes that break away from the tourist circuit but still allow you to discover ancient ruins hidden in verdant jungle teeming with wildlife and beautiful beaches overlooking the Caribbean Sea.
Belize works both as a relaxing beach escape and as part of a combined trip to Guatemala. Our travel ideas follow routes that we have loved ourselves and which work particularly well.
Speak to someone
who's been there
- Make an inquiry
Our recommended tours in Belize
These itineraries are designed to give you some suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Belize, and they showcase some of the routes that we’ve found work particularly well. Treat them simply as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely for you by one of our specialists based on your particular tastes and interests.
Unfortunately no tours matched your search criteria.
- Located right on the Ambergris Caye, the perfect place to scuba dive in the legendary Belize Blue Hole.
- Dine in privacy under the pier gazebo with delicious food prepared at the Palmilla restaurant.
- One of a kind beachfront spa offers 36 different treatments for the ultimate relaxation.
- Snorkel in both the Holchan Marine Reserve and Shark Ray Alley.
- This small family run hotel has 25 rooms situated in traditional thatched roof cottages.
- Only a short walk or cycle ride to the nearby fishing village of Placencia.
- Local fish from the nearby reefs is served with Italian style dishes in the Mare restaurant.
- The Caribbean's largest barrier reef lies just minutes away.
- Finish the day with a sunset cruise over the Placencia Lagoon, to spot manatees and dolphins.
- All-inclusive private island resort with a hidden, castaway feel.
- Only 30 guests can stay at a time in the beautiful thatched roof overwater bungalows.
- Take a stargazer cruise under the Belizean night sky, learning all about the constellations.
- Borrow a bike to experience more of the island at your own steam.
- Fresh seasonal ingredients from local Muy,Ono Farm are served in an authentic evening meal at the Grove Restaurant.
Guatemala and Belize
The exquisite colonial city of Antigua.
Stunning Lake Atitlan with its backdrop of volcanoes.
Verdant countryside of the Cayo District.
Fascinating Mayan ruins hidden in the jungle.
Snorkelling in the turquoise waters of Ambergris Caye.
Honduras, Belize, Guatemala and Mexico
Visit some of the most impressive Maya sites in Central America from Chichén Itzá in Mexico, Tikal in Guatemala, Xunantunich in Belize and Copán in Honduras.
Stay in the Belizean jungle, walking through trails in search of howler monkeys and colourful birds.
Explore the ruins and relax on pristine sandy beaches in Tulum on Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula.
Filter by destination
Filter by category
Some of our favorite travel guides
Family vacations in Belize
As one of the smallest countries in Central America, Belize is easy to get around and it has a great choice of family-friendly hotels and lodges. We can tailor-make your trip to help you and your family make the most of this fascinating, English-speaking country.View this travel guide
Belize honeymoons: ideas for exploring the rainforest, ruins and reef
Travel specialist Leticia shares her ideas for the best places to honeymoon in Belize, Central America’s only English-speaking country. She suggests focusing on exploring the rainforest, Maya ruins and the barrier reef, before relaxing on the beaches of Ambergris Caye.View this travel guide