Visit Prince George, Canada
Prince George is a working town lying at the heart of British Columbia's forestry and pulp and paper industries.
The town grew rapidly with the arrival of the Grand Trunk Railway in 1914 and this is still the mid-way stopping off point for passengers travelling between Prince Rupert and Jasper on Via Rail's Skeena train.
There are free tours that operate to the larger pulp and timber mills (advance booking is recommended) and here you can see thousands of seedlings being grown in climate-controlled conditions and logs, planks and sawdust stacks the size of small hills.
In addition, the surrounding countryside offers a diverse range of outdoor activities.
Map of Prince George
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Prince George
- British Columbia 94 miles away
- Wells Gray Provincial Park 147 miles away
- The Cariboo 194 miles away
- Bella Coola 199 miles away
- Jasper 206 miles away
- Princess Royal Island 258 miles away
- Whistler 264 miles away
- The Sunshine Coast & Desolation Sound 286 miles away
- Northern Vancouver Island 289 miles away
- Campbell River 290 miles away
- Port Hardy 299 miles away
Photos of Prince George
Accommodation choices for Prince George
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Prince George. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Arbor B&B is a small and cozy property, located in an area of woodland with excellent access to local walking trails.