Nestled in the South Thompson region of British Columbia, Sun Peaks is a small, year-round mountain resort.
The summer months offer verdant mountains, blue lakes and flower-strewn meadows. The mountains are open for hiking and biking, and the resort is home to the province’s highest golf course. Accessed mainly by the Sunburst Chairlift, Mount Tod is one of three peaks in the town and has an intricate network of trails varying in length and difficulty.
In the winter, it’s well known for uncrowded skiing, dog sledding and snowmobiling, a welcoming atmosphere and European-style alpine accommodation. Boasting Canada’s second largest ski area, guests can also rent fat bikes, enjoy horse-drawn sleigh rides and ice skating on the town’s outdoor rink.
The numerous shops and restaurants mean that the village is buzzing throughout the day and evening whenever you visit. Expect locally-crafted gifts, fresh coffee and homemade cakes, cuisines from all over the world, winter clothes shops, and massages at the spa. Most of the businesses in Sun Peaks are independently owned and operated, so you’ll generally find quality produce and good hospitality.
Speak to someone
who's been there
Start planning your tailor-made trip to Sun Peaks by contacting one of our Canada specialists
- Make an inquiry
Suggested itinerary featuring Sun Peaks
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in Sun Peaks, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Sun Peaks
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Sun Peaks
- The Cariboo 54 miles away
- Naramata & Okanagan Valley 90 miles away
- Wells Gray Provincial Park 108 miles away
- Whistler 145 miles away
- Field 153 miles away
- Yoho National Park 154 miles away
- Jasper 159 miles away
- Lake Louise 167 miles away
- The Kootenays 169 miles away
- The Purcell Mountains 172 miles away
- Vancouver 182 miles away
- Banff 190 miles away
- Canmore 199 miles away
- Salt Spring Island 215 miles away
- The Sunshine Coast & Desolation Sound 223 miles away
- Victoria 230 miles away
- Fernie 235 miles away
- Prince George 242 miles away
- Campbell River 243 miles away
- Calgary 255 miles away
- Vancouver Island 263 miles away
- Northern Vancouver Island 265 miles away
- Claresholm 285 miles away
- Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump 288 miles away
- Tofino 293 miles away
- Waterton Lakes National Park 294 miles away
Photos of Sun Peaks
Accommodation choices for Sun Peaks
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Sun Peaks. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Sun Peaks Grand HotelSun Peaks