Visit Waterton Lakes National Park, Canada
Waterton Lakes National Park is a rare gem tucked into the south-western corner of Alberta.
In this breathtaking part of the world the majestic Rocky Mountains rise suddenly out of the rolling prairies, an ancient landscape where ice-age glaciers have carved out valleys now filled by crystal-clear lakes.
Fauna and flora
To the south, the park borders Glacier National Park in Montana and together they make up the Waterton-Glacier International Peace Park, the first of its kind in the world. What makes Waterton Park unique is its blend of unusual geology, a mild climate, rare wild flowers, and an abundance of wildlife.
Map of Waterton Lakes National Park
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Waterton Lakes National Park
- Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump 48 miles away
- Fernie 60 miles away
- Claresholm 70 miles away
- Writing-on-Stone Provincial Park 106 miles away
- The Purcell Mountains 126 miles away
- Calgary 139 miles away
- Canmore 155 miles away
- The Kootenays 162 miles away
- Dinosaur Provincial Park 163 miles away
- Banff 164 miles away
- Lake Louise 192 miles away
- Yoho National Park 194 miles away
- Field 198 miles away
- Naramata & Okanagan Valley 257 miles away
- Kyle 292 miles away