Audley Travel debuts custom tours within the United States
Boston, MA - Audley Travel launches new private, tailor-made trips within the United States for clients who want to get away close to home, with a focus on destinations and accommodation that comply with current travel and social distancing guidelines.
The custom tour operator will now offer trips in the Southwest, California, American Rockies and the Deep South, in addition to their existing North American travel offering to Canada, Mexico and Hawaii.
“Our travelers still want to get out and explore, perhaps now more than ever,” said Marc Dolman, Head of Sales and Service at Audley. “We’re privileged to have access to these beautiful wilderness areas, scenic drives, mountains and rivers right in our backyard, and we’ve been working diligently to do them justice, by creating a selective portfolio of stand-out excursions and accommodation that promise to create travel memories, like any of our trips abroad.”
Trips typically start at 5 nights, and generally incorporate three or more points of interest, accommodation that reflects the character of the destination, transfers and exclusive activities like private sailing excursions, and meet-the-maker culinary experiences.
Audley’s US Specialists all come with previous travel experience in their region of focus, and have trained with the company’s experienced product team, who have long rooted relationships with local suppliers who have long catered to the company’s UK clients.
Some of the unique experiences that Audley’s US Specialists can arrange include:
- For a unique perspective, try glamping at a safari-style tented camp a short distance from the Grand Canyon, or traveling to the lesser visited northern rim for incredible views without the crowds.
- Jump into an immaculately refurbished Land Rover Defender in Napa for a visit to private vineyards that don't normally open to visitors, where you’re likely to find yourself tasting straight from the barrel with a winemaker or enjoying a farm-to-table lunch overlooking the vines.
- Go island-hopping in Hawaii, where you’ll spot the fumaroles of Mount Kilauea by helicopter, explore the Jurassic Park landscape on a tour of Oʻahu’s Kualoa Ranch, and stay in private villas throughout the archipelago.
- Stay in a luxe Airstream trailer close to hiking trails and the great wilderness area of Yosemite National Park.
- Road trip through the Deep South in a convertible, staying in historic mansions, private homes or even a riverboat on the Mississippi, where you can delve into antebellum history, Cajun cuisine, and the region’s rich musical traditions.
- Take part in the daily chores on a working cattle station in Arizona or at the foot of the Colorado Rockies, where boutique ranches range from rustic to opulent, and the outdoor activities match all interests.
- Discover Yellowstone with an expert wolf tracker by 4x4 for your best chance to spot wolves and grizzlies from a safe distance.
What Audley Travel is offering to mitigate Covid-19 travel concerns:
- Up-to-date guidance: Our specialists are closely following state and federal government issued updates on regional travel guidance and restrictions. They also have details on medical facilities in the destinations you are traveling to.
- 100% customization: We can tailor advice to the needs of each client and help you maintain social distancing norms by choosing private or boutique accommodation that gets you out of the city and back to nature, as well as private transportation options.
- A safe stay: We’ve partnered with professionally maintained private homes and villas across the US, and can recommend glamping or hotels with stand-alone private suites or bungalows, to allow complete isolation from crowds and public spaces.
- Cleanliness: Most of our existing partners have already implemented enhanced cleaning procedures following standards issued by the top authorities like the ALLSAFE Cleanliness & Prevention Label. Our main car rental partner has also released their enhanced cleaning procedures and steps they’re taking to ensure the welfare of both clients and employees.