50 Years of Victory
Twenty years in the making, 50 Years of Victory is the first Arktika-class icebreaker to have a spoon-shaped bow. Boosting the efficiency is the all-new automated digital control system. The ship, designed with a stainless steel ice belt 5 m (16 ft) wide, breaks through ice up to 2.5 m (8.2 ft) thick. The icebreaker is driven by two nuclear reactors that produce 75,000 horsepower. In open water, top speed can be as much as 21.4 knots, but she can also maintain nine knots through 2.7 m (9 ft) of ice.
The ship takes a maximum of 128 guests in a surprising amount of comfort.
- Standard cabins have one lower berth, one sofa bed, private facilities with shower, window that opens, and TV and DVD player.
- Mini-suites add a seating area with sofa bed, bed, private facilities with shower, window that opens, and TV and DVD player.
- Suite Bedrooms: sitting area, sofa bed in sitting room, private facilities with bathtub or shower, refrigerator, window that opens, TV and DVD player, coffeemaker, and safe.
- Victory Suite: large bedroom and sitting room, sofa bed in sitting room, private facilities with bathtub, refrigerator, window that opens, TV and DVD player, coffeemaker, and safe.
- Arktika Suite: Very spacious bedroom and sitting room; sofa bed in sitting room; private facilities with bathtub; refrigerator; window that opens; TV and DVD player; coffeemaker; safe; daily selection of fresh fruit, drinks, and snacks; and unique cabin amenities.
Staff and crew: 140
Dimensions: 150 m (492 ft) x 30 m (98 ft)
Speed: 21 knots
Ice Class: LL1
Speak to someone
who's been there
Start planning your tailor-made trip by contacting one of our Arctic specialists
- Make an inquiry