Visit the French Riviera, France
‘… in the shadow of the mountains a green belt of land runs along the coast for a hundred miles and makes a playground for the world,’ said F Scott Fitzgerald of the French Riviera in his personal essays. White-sand beaches lapped by blue water, glamorous towns packed with exclusive hotels and designer boutiques, but also, set into the hills, tiny medieval villages lost in time. The French Riviera still holds dear to its humble origins beneath the jet-set image enshrined in the pages of Fitzgerald's Tender Is the Night. Our France specialists know all the sides of the Côte d'Azur (Azure Coast), as it’s locally known, and can help advise you where to go, depending on your interests.
On a boat trip from Saint-Tropez, you can take in the French Riviera’s coastline from the water. A tour of high-flying Monaco, with its casino and deep-seated monarchy, reveals the Riviera at its most flamboyant. But, then carrying on to hilltop Èze, a village so old it can recall Roman inhabitation, you come face to face with the simple beauty that lured artists such as Picasso to the area. Our specialists know all the region's main sights as well as its lesser-known ones, and they’ll carefully plan your vacation as an individual tailor-made trip to match your preferences.
Places to visit in the French Riviera
Featuring heavily on our experiences of visiting the French Riviera, these selected places are destinations that also prove consistently popular with our travelers. Our specialists can help you choose how to include them in your wider trip, based on your preferences.
Suggested itineraries featuring the French Riviera
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in the French Riviera, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of the French Riviera
Places & hotels on the map
Places in and around the French Riviera
- Antibes The French Riviera
- Èze The French Riviera
- Grasse The French Riviera
- Monaco and Monte Carlo The French Riviera
- Nice The French Riviera
- Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat The French Riviera
- Saint-Paul-de-Vence The French Riviera
- Saint-Tropez The French Riviera
- Provence 92 kilometers away
- Aix-en-Provence 102 kilometers away
- Roussillon 131 kilometers away
- Ménerbes 133 kilometers away
- Gordes 137 kilometers away
- L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue 148 kilometers away
- Saint-Rémy-de-Provence 158 kilometers away
- Les-Baux-de-Provence 159 kilometers away
- Avignon 168 kilometers away
- Arles 169 kilometers away
- Châteauneuf-du-Pape wine region 171 kilometers away
- Orange 178 kilometers away
- Pont-du-Gard 187 kilometers away
- Uzès 198 kilometers away
- Rhône-Alpes 234 kilometers away
- Chamonix 288 kilometers away
- Talloires 290 kilometers away
- Annecy 299 kilometers away
- Lyon 314 kilometers away
- Dordogne 428 kilometers away
- La Roque-Gageac 470 kilometers away
- Sarlat-la-Canéda 470 kilometers away
- Castelnaud-la-Chapelle 473 kilometers away
- Beynac-et-Cazenac 474 kilometers away
Photos of the French Riviera
Accommodation choices for the French Riviera
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit the French Riviera. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
With a peaceful location above the city of Nice but still close to the heart of the action, Hôtel La Pérouse is a welcome respite from the hustle and bustle of the city.
Boasting excellent service, expansive grounds and an intimate atmosphere, La Bastide Saint-Antoine leaves you feeling like you've visited the home of a wealthy friend with impeccable taste, and makes a great base for exploring the French Riviera.
Medieval charm and modern comfort combine at La Chèvre d’Or in the historic hilltop village of Èze, where you'll be treated to far-reaching views over the Mediterranean and impeccable food and service.
Tucked away beneath the hilltop town of Èze, the peaceful seclusion, classical elegance and impeccable service at Cap Estel make this charming retreat a memorable option right on the glittering Mediterranean Sea.
An intimate getaway, Mas de Chastelas provides exquisite style and comfort in an authentic and peaceful setting far removed from the hustle and bustle of the city yet within easy access of the bright lights of Saint-Tropez.
La Réserve Ramatuelle boasts an enviable location along the French Riviera, offering a place to relax and rejuvenate surrounded by the serenity of the Mediterranean Sea.