Reached only by a boat ride along the Pangalanes Canal, Le Palmarium is set on the banks of Lake Ampitabe.
The lodge is set on a small private reserve set up to preserve some of the area's unique flora and fauna. Palm trees, orchids and even carnivorous plants can be found growing in the gardens, and lemurs are easily spotted all year round.
The lodge has 11 bungalows with shared or private verandas and en suite bathrooms. The bungalows are simple inside, but with all of the essentials. They have a very natural feel, with thatched roofs, polished stone floors and whitewashed walls. The main lodge area has a bar and sitting room with a few board games and comfortable chairs. Next door, the restaurant serves good food in very generous portions, and the menu changes from day to day depending on what is fresh in the market.
There is plenty to do at the lodge for a stay of a couple of days, from visiting the private reserve to exploring the lake system, and the lodge will be more than happy to organize these for you.
Speak to someone
who's been there
Start planning your tailor-made trip by contacting one of our Madagascar specialists
- Make an inquiry
Photos of Le Palmarium
Location & places nearby
Places & hotels on the map
The Pangalanes Canal and nearby places
- Mantadia National Park 91 kilometers away
- Andasibe National Park (Perinet) 93 kilometers away
- Antananarivo 183 kilometers away
- Île Sainte-Marie 200 kilometers away
- The islands & beaches of Madagascar 251 kilometers away
- Antsirabe 270 kilometers away
- Masoala National Park 345 kilometers away
- Nosy Mangabe 351 kilometers away
- Ranomafana National Park 350 kilometers away
- Maroantsetra 358 kilometers away