Visit Mantadia National Park, Madagascar
Mantadia National Park is for the true wildlife enthusiast. Dense mid-altitude rainforest covers a series of hills ranging from 800 to 1,260 meters in altitude.
Towering trees have buttress roots, there are vines, orchids and ferns and at higher altitudes luxuriant growth of mosses and lichens.
Wildlife of Mantadia National Park
The only way to explore Mantadia is on foot. Trails lead through the dense forest, over tree trunks and up and down hills – the land is rarely flat. Walking along you see tiny frogs leaping out of the path and chameleons on the ends of dripping branches. At dusk, keep your eyes out for the slow moving Madagascar tree boa.
There are numerous lemur species in Mantadia and highlights include the black and white ruffed lemur, indri and the striking diademed sifaka.
Map of Mantadia National Park
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Mantadia National Park
- Andasibe National Park (Perinet) less than 5 kilometers away
- The Pangalanes Canal 94 kilometers away
- Antananarivo 96 kilometers away
- The Islands & Beaches of Madagascar 161 kilometers away
- Antsirabe 181 kilometers away
- Île Sainte-Marie 273 kilometers away
- Ranomafana National Park 279 kilometers away
- Ambalavao 359 kilometers away
- Nosy Mangabe 409 kilometers away
- Masoala National Park 410 kilometers away
- Maroantsetra 415 kilometers away
- Anjajavy Private Nature Reserve 457 kilometers away