Mantadia National Park is for the true wildlife enthusiast. Dense mid-altitude rainforest covers a series of hills ranging from 800 to 1,260 metres in altitude.
Towering trees have buttress roots, there are vines, orchids and ferns and at higher altitudes luxuriant growth of mosses and lichens.
Wildlife of Mantadia National Park
The only way to explore Mantadia is on foot. Trails lead through the dense forest, over tree trunks and up and down hills — the land is rarely flat. Walking along you see tiny frogs leaping out of the path and chameleons on the ends of dripping branches. At dusk, keep your eyes out for the slow moving Madagascar tree boa.
There are numerous lemur species in Mantadia and highlights include the black and white ruffed lemur, indri and the striking diademed sifaka.
Map of Mantadia National Park
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Mantadia National Park
- Andasibe National Park (Perinet) less than 5 miles away
- The Pangalanes Canal 58 miles away
- Antananarivo 60 miles away
- The islands & beaches of Madagascar 100 miles away
- Antsirabe 112 miles away
- Île Sainte-Marie 170 miles away
- Ranomafana National Park 174 miles away
- Ambalavao 223 miles away
- Nosy Mangabe 254 miles away
- Masoala National Park 255 miles away
- Maroantsetra 258 miles away
- Anjajavy Private Nature Reserve 284 miles away