Reached only by a boat ride along the Pangalanes Canal, Le Palmarium is set on the banks of Lake Ampitabe.
The lodge is set on a small private reserve set up to preserve some of the area's unique flora and fauna. Palm trees, orchids and even carnivorous plants can be found growing in the gardens, and lemurs are easily spotted all year round.
The lodge has 11 bungalows with shared or private verandas and en suite bathrooms. The bungalows are simple inside, but with all of the essentials. They have a very natural feel, with thatched roofs, polished stone floors and whitewashed walls. The main lodge area has a bar and sitting room with a few board games and comfortable chairs. Next door, the restaurant serves good food in very generous portions, and the menu changes from day to day depending on what is fresh in the market.
There is plenty to do at the lodge for a stay of a couple of days, from visiting the private reserve to exploring the lake system, and the lodge will be more than happy to organise these for you.
Speak to someone
who's been there
- 01993 838 585
- Make an enquiry
Photos of Le Palmarium
Location & places nearby
Places & hotels on the map
The Pangalanes Canal and nearby places
- Mantadia National Park 57 miles away
- Andasibe National Park (Perinet) 58 miles away
- Antananarivo 114 miles away
- Île Sainte-Marie 124 miles away
- The islands & beaches of Madagascar 156 miles away
- Antsirabe 168 miles away
- Masoala National Park 215 miles away
- Nosy Mangabe 218 miles away
- Ranomafana National Park 218 miles away
- Maroantsetra 223 miles away