Visit Tioman Island, Malaysia
Tioman Island has for a long time been the clandestine haunt of divers eager to explore the beautiful coral.
Diving and snorkeling
Easily accessible from both Kuala Lumpur and Singapore, this is the largest and one of the most impressive of the east coast islands, its main attractions being the beautiful white-sand beaches and the fabulous snorkeling and diving.
Fauna and flora
There is also fascinating flora and fauna on Tioman, and nature lovers will find the rugged trails of the mountainous interior worth exploring.
The permanent population of Tioman is small and only one main road exists. As such, much transport around the island is by boat but Tioman is well geared up for visitors and dive courses are readily available.
Suggested itineraries featuring Tioman Island
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Tioman Island, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Tioman Island
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Tioman Island
- The East Coast 147 kilometers away
- Malacca 223 kilometers away
- Kuala Lumpur 278 kilometers away
- Taman Negara National Park 278 kilometers away
- Fraser's Hill (Bukit Fraser) 289 kilometers away
- Kuala Terengganu 305 kilometers away
- Redang Island 357 kilometers away
- Cameron Highlands 363 kilometers away
- Perhentian Islands 384 kilometers away
- Pangkor Islands 433 kilometers away
- Belum Rainforest 443 kilometers away
Accommodation choices for Tioman Island
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Tioman Island. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.