Visit Bonampak, Mexico
The excavated part of this lost city is relatively small and the main attraction is without doubt 'The Temple of the Frescoes'.
Located inside are three carefully restored frescoes depicting Mayan lords performing various rituals.
The first shows an emperor presenting his new baby to the nobles, the second shows a battle with prisoners being taken and the third shows a post battle feast. Look carefully and you will be able to pick out colorful headdresses, musicians, dancers and slaves.
The murals are dated at around 790 AD and there are excellent reproductions to be seen in the famous anthropological museum in Mexico City.
Speak to someone
who's been there
- Make an inquiry
Map of Bonampak
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Bonampak
- Yaxchilan 25 kilometers away
- Palenque 133 kilometers away
- Chiapas 152 kilometers away
- San Cristóbal de las Casas 168 kilometers away
- Tapachula & Around 238 kilometers away
- Kabáh 422 kilometers away
- Uxmal 430 kilometers away
- Yucatán Peninsula 439 kilometers away