Mateya Safari Lodge
Mateya Safari Lodge offers the most luxurious safari accommodation to be found in the malaria-free Madikwe Game Reserve. The lodge is a 20 minute drive from the Eastern Airstrip and is set on a hillside overlooking the veld. Mateya comprises five enormous suites set apart from each other for optimal privacy. Each room has a six foot wide four-poster bed, vast en suite bathroom with indoor and outdoor shower, an extensive private deck area with sunloungers and plunge pool plus its own unique art work giving the room an authentic African feel.
The main lodge has magnificent decking with sumptuous sofas overlooking a waterhole where game can be seen drinking. Game drives are of the highest caliber as both rangers and trackers are extremely knowledgeable. Each drive has only four guests per open vehicle for fantastic game viewing. Mateya also offers bush walks, a rarity in the Madikwe.
During your stay here all extras are included such as laundry and minibar.
Speak to someone
who's been there
- Make an inquiry
Photos of Mateya Safari Lodge
Location & places nearby
Places & hotels on the map
Alternative places to stay nearby
Where possible, we like to offer a range of accommodation for each stop of your trip, chosen by our specialists as some of their favorite places to stay. To help you make the right choice, we give each property a rating based on its facilities and service, but we also look for hotels with distinct character or a location that can’t be bettered.
The Madikwe Game Reserve and nearby places
- The Pilanesberg National Park 48 kilometers away
- The Waterberg 117 kilometers away
- Johannesburg 100 kilometers away
- Greater Makalali Game Reserve 380 kilometers away
- The Escarpment 360 kilometers away
- Blyde River Canyon Nature Reserve 377 kilometers away
- Kapama Private Game Reserve 407 kilometers away
- Hazyview 394 kilometers away
- Thornybush Reserve 416 kilometers away
- Timbavati Game Reserve 434 kilometers away