Mihingo Lodge has a stunning location on the edge of a rock kopje, with sweeping views of Lake Mburo National Park and the surrounding valley. The luxury tents are set apart from one another for maximum privacy and are set on wooden platforms with thatched roofs, and all are equipped with an en suite bathroom with hot and cold showers and flushing toilets. The central dining room has been built with sensitivity to the natural environment, using local rocks and native olive wood, with a lovely thatch roof. There is a swimming pool with sweeping views over the park and if you need a bit of pampering, the lodge offers massage treatments.
A hide overlooks a small waterhole, which is an interesting place to relax with a pair of binoculars, waiting patiently for animals and birds to come to drink. There is also a tennis court (clay) if you want something different to the safari activities. Game-viewing will mostly take place with your driver-guide, but there are other options which you can pay locally for — boat trips on the lake, walking safaris, night drives, mountain-biking and horse riding safaris (you must be experienced to do this).
Speak to someone
who's been there
- Make an inquiry
Photos of Mihingo Lodge
Tour ideas in Lake Mburo
Our itineraries are there to spark ideas for how you could include a stay at Mihingo Lodge as part of your trip. Treat them simply as suggestions, because every aspect of the trip we create for you will be yours to define.
UgandaView this tour
Location & places nearby
Places & hotels on the map
Lake Mburo and nearby places
- Queen Elizabeth National Park 126 kilometers away
- Lake Bunyonyi 147 kilometers away
- Ishasha 159 kilometers away
- Bwindi Impenetrable Forest 160 kilometers away
- Mgahinga National Park 178 kilometers away
- Kibale Forest National Park 174 kilometers away
- Entebbe 175 kilometers away
- Semliki Wildlife Reserve 193 kilometers away
- Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sanctuary 188 kilometers away
- Kampala 200 kilometers away