Visit Entebbe, Uganda
Thirty five kilometers south of Kampala, Entebbe lies on the shore of Lake Victoria. It served as the administrative capital of Uganda in the 1960s but now is most famous for being the site of Uganda's only international airport.
Entebbe provides an attractive introduction to Uganda and has a much more laid back feel than the capital. Usually visitors won't stay long in Entebbe with an overnight stop before an early or after a late flight being the main reasons to stop.
However if you do have a little more time, a visit to the botanical gardens is highly recommended. This offers a great introduction to Uganda's bird life as well as glimpses of a couple of monkey species and plenty of tree squirrels and is a very picturesque and tranquil place to enjoy a stroll and while away a few hours.
Suggested itineraries featuring Entebbe
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Entebbe, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Entebbe
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Entebbe
- Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sanctuary 28 kilometers away
- Kampala 31 kilometers away
- Jinja 92 kilometers away
- Lake Mburo 187 kilometers away
- Kibale Forest National Park 188 kilometers away
- Semliki Wildlife Reserve 245 kilometers away
- Murchison Falls National Park 268 kilometers away
- Queen Elizabeth National Park 275 kilometers away
- Lake Bunyonyi 321 kilometers away
- Ishasha 328 kilometers away
- Bwindi Impenetrable Forest 347 kilometers away
- Mgahinga National Park 352 kilometers away
Accommodation choices for Entebbe
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Entebbe. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.