- Standing on undisturbed Jekyll Island, this historic resort feels refined and exclusive.
- Access to the Jekyll Ocean club offers guests beach chairs, umbrellas and refreshments.
- The island boasts 63 holes of golf and many more outdoor activities.
- Dine at the Wharf restaurant, enjoying delicious Southern dishes while watching the sunset.
Deep South tours
Drawing on their deep knowledge of America’s southern states, our specialists have created some suggested itineraries to help inspire your visit to the South. You could concentrate on the mountains and beaches of Georgia and the Carolinas, dive deep into the history and heritage of Kentucky and Tennessee, or delve into the area’s turbulent history, from the Civil War battlefields to Civil Rights museums and monuments. Or, you can choose to focus on the Deep South’s rich musical heritage and visit the cities where jazz, blues, country and rock and roll were all born.
Consider these itineraries mere suggestions – our specialists will assemble a trip that’s tailored specifically to your interests.
Speak to someone
who's been there
- Make an inquiry
Our recommended tours in the Deep South
These itineraries are designed to give you some suggestions for what is possible when you travel in the Deep South, and they showcase some of the routes that we’ve found work particularly well. Treat them simply as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely for you by one of our specialists based on your particular tastes and interests.
Unfortunately no tours matched your search criteria.
- Hotel interior boasts traditional Southern style with light and airy decor.
- Six restaurants offer a wide variety of styles from fine dining to more casual cafés.
- Access to the fantastic May River Golf course, designed by Jack Nicklaus.
- Plenty of salt and freshwater water sports on offer to experience the coastal Carolina Marshlands.
- Set alongside the picturesque May River with accommodation tucked away in-between the trees.
Filter by category
Some of our favorite travel guides
- Plantation homes of the Deep South
- A New Orleans food guide
- Exploring Georgia and the Carolinas
- Music culture of the Deep South
- Luxury vacations in the Deep South
- Exploring the Deep South: Louisiana, Mississippi and Tennessee
Plantation homes of the Deep South
Juxtaposing extreme wealth and stark poverty, the Deep South’s plantations shine a light on the region’s past. US specialist Carla shares her recommendations on which plantations to visit for a thorough grounding in the Deep South’s history.View this travel guide
A New Orleans food guide
From a steaming bowl of belly-warming seafood gumbo to a creamy-sweet praline studded with pecans to a plate of oyster Rockefeller at Antoine’s — US specialist Natalie introduces you to the distinctive culinary pleasures of New Orleans.View this travel guide
Exploring Georgia and the Carolinas
There’s more to the Deep South than the food, music and culture of Louisiana and Tennessee. US specialist Molly ventured farther east to the less-visited states of Georgia, and North and South Carolina. Here, you can balance historical cities with beach relaxation and mountain scenery.View this travel guide
Music culture of the Deep South
The birthplace of jazz, blues, rock ’n’ roll, soul and country music, the Deep South is the US’s undisputed music capital. US specialist Natalie shares her ideas for exploring the region’s musical heritage on your vacation to New Orleans, Memphis and Nashville.View this travel guide
Luxury vacations in the Deep South
Different to anywhere else in America, the Deep South offers a varied trip focused around music, food, history and a mix of cultures. Specialist Alice shares experiences that can uncover a little more of the region and elevate your trip.View this travel guide
Exploring the Deep South: Louisiana, Mississippi and Tennessee
Your guide to exploring the Deep South along the Mississippi River. Sample gumbo in New Orleans, examine the history of slavery at plantations, pay tribute to the King in Memphis and get a behind-the-scenes look at country music’s most storied stage.View this travel guide