Located between Hue and Hoi An and set up as a hill resort in 1932 by the French to escape the heat of the coast.
Bach Ma was finally declared a National Park in 1991, and only recently have the ruins of villas been discovered and forgotten paths unearthed.
Things to see and do in the park
The park is particularly pretty in March and April when the walking trails wind their way through the blossoming rhododendron woods. Numerous butterflies have made a home of the park and the birdlife is considered to be of particular interest. On a clear day a walk up to the summit will provide views for miles around.
Suggested itineraries featuring Bach Ma National Park
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Bach Ma National Park, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Bach Ma National Park
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Bach Ma National Park
- Lang Co 25 kilometers away
- Bho Hoong 29 kilometers away
- Hue 44 kilometers away
- Hoi An 62 kilometers away
- Kon Tum 205 kilometers away
- Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park 240 kilometers away
- Qui Nhon 308 kilometers away
- Buon Ma Thuot 391 kilometers away
- Central Highlands 393 kilometers away
- Nha Trang 462 kilometers away
- Dalat 478 kilometers away