Buon Ma Thuot is the largest town in the western highlands and is the gateway to Yok Don National Park.
Due to its lower elevation the climate is warmer and more humid than Dalat and the French, during the colonial times, saw its agricultural potential and the town developed on the back of coffee, tea and rubber plantations.
Buon Ma Thuot is a stopover destination between Kon Tum and Dalat.
Activities in and around Buon Ma Thuot
Whilst you would mainly use the area as a stopover destination between Kon Tum and Dalat, the city boasts a fantastic Ethnology Museum. You should also visit one of the area’s coffee plantations too.
Suggested itinerary featuring Buon Ma Thuot
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in Buon Ma Thuot, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Buon Ma Thuot
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Buon Ma Thuot
- Central Highlands less than 5 kilometers away
- Dalat 95 kilometers away
- Nha Trang 135 kilometers away
- Cat Tien National Park 161 kilometers away
- Qui Nhon 177 kilometers away
- Kon Tum 186 kilometers away
- Mui Ne & Phan Thiet 196 kilometers away
- Saigon 258 kilometers away
- Cai Be 344 kilometers away
- Hoi An 357 kilometers away
- Bho Hoong 365 kilometers away
- Can Tho 385 kilometers away
- Mekong Delta 385 kilometers away
- Chau Doc 388 kilometers away
- Bach Ma National Park 391 kilometers away
- Lang Co 400 kilometers away
- Hue 425 kilometers away
- Con Dao Islands 470 kilometers away